We are proud to offer services as a DAU-approved Equivalency evaluation provider
The DAU equivalency program exists to provide the opportunity for other organizations, such as colleges/universities, DoD schools, other federal agencies, commercial training vendors, and professional societies to offer courses which DAU will accept as equivalent to DAU courses if, upon evaluation of the organization’s materials and standards, they adequately address the DAU learning outcomes for select DAU courses.
This program affords the DoD with the opportunity to extend acquisition certifications beyond the limited seats available at DAU schools.
Why work with us?
- We have been personally and professionally invested in the DAU Equivalency process since 2005.
- We have DAWIA credentials within CTS (Level II Program Management, IT)
- We have been involved with DoD acquisitions since 1992 as a project manager
Conducting DAU Equivalency Reviews is a centerpiece and priority of our business
CTS is approved to conduct these course evaluations on behalf of DAU. We use two subject matter experts to review each course. Because this is a priority for our business, we can provide a complete evaluation within 2-3 weeks* from the time your course is ready. We offer competitive pricing linked to course length and provide personalized service to help answer any questions you may have along the way.
Here’s how we support your DAU Equivalency process
If you are new to the DAU Equivalency Process
We’re here to help! Here are some things you’ll need to know.
- DAU Equivalency is a two-phased process. First, the training provider is assessed and approved as a DAU Equivalent Provider. Second, each course is submitted for evaluation and compared to the DAU course.
- Contact DAU to initiate a Memorandum of Understanding with DAU to begin phase one. Learn more at the DAU Quick Reference Site.
- Contact us for a cost proposal and to answer any questions you may have.
If you are already an approved DAU Equivalent Provider
Ready to have a course evaluated?
Here’s an overview of the next steps
- Contact the DAU Equivalency manager to make them aware of your intentions to have a course evaluated (this will ensure that you are up-to-date on any upcoming changes to the course that you may want to be aware of). Equivalency@dau.mil
- Contact us to let us know about your course. We’ll send you a cost proposal and invoice to get the process started.
- Review the DAU course to ensure that your course is equivalent in terms of content and rigor.
- Upload your course materials to the appropriate folder on your organization’s DAU’s Blackboard site. If you’re using DAU materials, be sure to remove any DAU logos.
- Pay CTS for the course review
- We will take 2-3 weeks to complete the review, depending upon course length. Need it done faster? We offer expedited review services as well.
- Address any shortfalls or deficiencies we discover during our review, if needed
- Review the evaluation and any recommendations we provide to you and DAU
- Await DAU’s approval of our recommendations (usually within one week)
- Enjoy teaching your DAU-approved course and awarding your students DAU credit
*Payment must be received and all materials must be loaded on DAU’s Blackboard before the evaluation will begin. Timelines are subject to delay if the materials are incomplete or incorrect. This timeline does not account for the time required by the training provider to make updates or corrections to their course materials.